King Cove Department of Public Safety publishes travel advisories, and other critical public safety notices as needed during severe weather, natural disasters, or other emergencies.
In addition to the hotline, advisories are posted to Nixle.com. There are three (3) ways to receive alerts from Nixle
- Use the link below to access the King Cove “Nixle Wire”, an online web based feed of all published alerts.
- Sign-up to receive notifications directly to your email by creating a Nixle account using the second link below.
- Receive alerts via text message on your cell phone by texting “99612” to 888777.
King Cove currently has one (1) tsunami evacuation sirens located throughout the community.
- The siren dose a chimes test every day at noon.
- Testing – Siren is tested the first Monday at 1:00pm, of every month.
- Evacuation – Immediately evacuate to high ground if the sirens activate for several minutes or following an earthquake strong enough to knock you off of your feet and lasting longer than 30 seconds.
- Do not wait for siren activation in the event of an earthquake lasting over 30 seconds or that knocks you off your feet.
- Understanding Siren Activations
- Tsunami Warning
- Volcano Warning
- Evacuation Ordered
- Wind Warning