The King Cove Volunteer Fire Department is administered by the Fire Chief, and has the duty to do the following:
- Provide fire suppression, fire prevention, rescue, and emergency medical services;
- Enforce ordinances relating to fires, fire prevention, and safety of persons from fire;
- Investigate fires to determine cause and origin as required by 13 AAC 52.030;
- Coordinate emergency response to hazardous materials incidents and natural or man-made disasters;
- Coordinate and perform search and rescue functions for the City of King Cove.
- Provide fire safety, fire prevention, health, and safety education to reduce the risk and consequences of emergencies;
- Assist in the review of building plans and permits to include code inspections as requested by the Planning Director or the Alaska State Fire Marshal;
- Provide other services necessary to protect life and property.
The King Cove Volunteer Fire Department is dedicated to providing high quality service to the community through preservation of life, property, and the environment. Our members are committed to serve with compassion, integrity, and professionalism.
Service Pride, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence
For Emergencies Dial 911
Telephone: (907) 497-2210 or 497-4024
King Cove Fire Department
135 Ram Creek Drive
P.O. Box 289
King Cove, AK 99612