• New confirmed cases on 3/26: Anchorage 5, Fairbanks 2, Juneau 1, North Pole 2 • Total confirmed cases statewide as of 3/26: 69 • Breakdown of total confirmed cases as of 3/26: Anchorage 30, Eagle River/Chugiak 3, Fairbanks 10, Homer 1, Juneau 3, Ketchikan 11, North Pole 5, Palmer 2, Seward 1, Soldotna 1, Sterling 2 • Deaths as of 3/26: 1, an Alaskan in Washington state
These are the current places closed to the public in King Cove
- City Office (If you have questions call 497-2340)
- Teen Center, Co-op, and old high school gym
- King Cove Police Department Office (If you have questions call 497-2210 or 911 for emergencies)
- Harbor House (you can call 497-2237 for harbor services)
- King Cove School (If you have questions call 497-2354)
- King Cove Bible Church
- AGDAADUX Tribe of King Cove (If you have questions call 497-3046)
- MC’s Bar
- Last Hook-off Bar
- Peter Pan Messhall (Employees only)
- Peter Pan Company Store (Employees only)
- Fleets Inn Hotel
- Belkofski Village Council (If you have questions call 497-3122)
These are the current places open to the public in King Cove
- Postoffice (Call 497-2363)
- Gould’s Store (Call 497-2212)
- AC Store (Call 497-2636)
- Peter Pan Seafood’s Stock Room (Call 497-2234)
- Fox Island Fuel Services (Call 497-2312)
- King Cove China (Pick-up or deliver only at 497-5676)
- Sliver Bay Seafood’s Stock Room (Call 497-3356)
AC store would like help up out during this time. By offering to shop for you. This is done by calling 497-2636 to place your order with customer service. They will fill your order for you and have it conveniently ready for pick up. If you are practicing self quarantine they can deliver.
Gould’s store would like help up out during this time. By offering to shop for you. This is done by calling 497-2212 to place your order with customer service. They will fill your order for you and have it conveniently ready for pick up. If you are practicing self quarantine they can deliver.
Effective March 25, 2020, the state of Alaska will require all arriving guests to self-quarantine for 14 days, regardless of their perceived health until April 21, 2020.
This mandatory self-quarantine applies to both visitors and returning residents coming into the state of Alaska.
If you are unable to comply with this quarantine, you will need to postpone your trip. This mandate will be reevaluated by April 21, 2020.
For the latest State of Alaska health mandate detail, please visit the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services website.
Good morning everyone,
As the number of positive rise throughout the State and our hearts go out those communities suffering with the confirmed positive cases, I am continuing my announcement that there are still zero confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Eastern Aleutian Tribes Region.
After a similar was posted on our Facebook page yesterday, I received communications through Facebook, email, phone, and text message asking the following questions or versions of these questions :
“How many there have been tested?”;
“How many tests have been run?”
“Does EAT have testing kits available?”
The following was my response which I want to share with all of you directly. Please share this response and/or this email.
“Thank you for the question. Due to HIPAA, privacy, and public safety concerns, I am unable to provide the number of COVID-19 tests completed in our Eastern Aleutian Tribes communities. However, the State of Alaska provides data germane to your question.
I am able to share that our clinics are equipped to process anyone who has been referred by a provider and, at this point, Eastern Aleutian Tribes is not experiencing test shortages.
We are in this together- Six feet apart!
Paul Mueller, Interim CEO”
If anyone has any questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to contact my office.
• New confirmed cases on 3/24: 2 in Fairbanks, 2 in Ketchikan, 1 in Juneau • Total confirmed cases statewide as of 3/24: 42 • Breakdown of total confirmed cases as of 3/24: Anchorage 17, Fairbanks 9, Juneau 2, Ketchikan 8, Palmer 2, Seward 1, Soldotna 1, Sterling 2 • Deaths as of 3/24: 1, an Alaskan in Washington state
Good morning everyone,
I’d like to start off with some continued good news that the Eastern Aleutian Tribes service area still has NO positive COVID-19 tests.
We are receiving supplies such as testing kits and PPEs on a daily basis and sending them to the clinics on a daily basis.
Eastern Aleutian Tribes is making adjustments to the new state health mandates and orders as well the local one such as King Cove’s that came out yesterday. I am continuously keeping up to date on the orders and mandates and running risk assessments to assure guidelines and protocols are followed for patient and employee safety during this pandemic.
Included in today’s email are the State’s Health Alerts that were issued yesterday evening as well as the CDC COVID-19 Daily Key points for your review.
Good afternoon everyone,
I want to start off by saying the following: At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID 19 in the Eastern Aleutian Tribes region! (this message will be posted on FB page and welcome the sharing of this attachment)
The clinics have implemented protocols to respond to COVID 19. Clinics have implemented changes in service delivery. Non-urgent appointments will be postponed, or done by phone when possible. This means we are asking the community to not come to the clinic unless they have called and they have an urgent medical need. If you have an urgent medical need they will be scheduled to be seen. If it is determined to be a non-emergent medical need, a provider will work with them over the phone. As always, if community members have a medical emergency they can call 911.
EAT is maintaining clinic operations by implementing measures such as this, which is a form of social distancing.
Also attached to this email is the Updated COVID-19 In-a-Page. Please review. This will be sent out when a change is made. Please discard the old one and post and share this document.
Finally, I’ve been in contact with local radio stations to air PSAs informing communities there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the EAT region at this time.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions, concerns, comments.
Paul Mueller |Interim CEO| Eastern Aleutian Tribes, Inc.
3380 C St., Suite 100 |Anchorage, AK 99503
Main 907.277.1440 | Direct 907.564.2523 | Fax 907.277.1495 | PaulM@EATribes.net