Friday, March 27, 2020
The Aleutians East Borough has been monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely. On March 23, 2020, the Aleutians East Borough Assembly issued a declaration of disaster emergency ordinance in response to COVID-19. The Borough has also implemented policies to ensure the safety of our employees and the public. The Borough is following recommendations from the State of Alaska as well as from the federal government.
Effective March 27, 2020, our offices will be closed to the public. Borough personnel are working and continue to be accessible via email and phone. Please visit the links below to reach Mayor Alvin D. Osterback and our staff.
Mayor Alvin D. Osterback
Aleutians East Borough staff
The Aleutians East Borough thanks the communities and residents for coming together under these unprecedented circumstances and asks everyone to strictly comply with state mandates in order to slow the spread of the highly infectious COVID-19 in the Aleutians and throughout the state.
If you would like more information regarding COVID-19, please go to the Borough’s website at:
https://www.aleutianseast.org/. Additional information is also posted on the Borough’s Facebook page.
Alvin D. Osterback
Aleutians East Borough Mayor
Beginning immediately, Friday March 27th, only the patient will be allowed admittance to the clinic. Minor children will be allowed to be accompanied by a single parent or legal guardian (no siblings).
Thank you for your patience and continued understanding as we try to protect our patients and our staff from potential illness.
King Cove Community Health Center Manager
Eastern Aleutian Tribes
Ph: 907.497.2311 ext. 416 e Fax: 907.497.2310
• New confirmed cases on 3/26: Anchorage 5, Fairbanks 2, Juneau 1, North Pole 2 • Total confirmed cases statewide as of 3/26: 69 • Breakdown of total confirmed cases as of 3/26: Anchorage 30, Eagle River/Chugiak 3, Fairbanks 10, Homer 1, Juneau 3, Ketchikan 11, North Pole 5, Palmer 2, Seward 1, Soldotna 1, Sterling 2 • Deaths as of 3/26: 1, an Alaskan in Washington state
These are the current places closed to the public in King Cove
- City Office (If you have questions call 497-2340)
- Teen Center, Co-op, and old high school gym
- King Cove Police Department Office (If you have questions call 497-2210 or 911 for emergencies)
- Harbor House (you can call 497-2237 for harbor services)
- King Cove School (If you have questions call 497-2354)
- King Cove Bible Church
- AGDAADUX Tribe of King Cove (If you have questions call 497-3046)
- MC’s Bar
- Last Hook-off Bar
- Peter Pan Messhall (Employees only)
- Peter Pan Company Store (Employees only)
- Fleets Inn Hotel
- Belkofski Village Council (If you have questions call 497-3122)
These are the current places open to the public in King Cove
- Postoffice (Call 497-2363)
- Gould’s Store (Call 497-2212)
- AC Store (Call 497-2636)
- Peter Pan Seafood’s Stock Room (Call 497-2234)
- Fox Island Fuel Services (Call 497-2312)
- King Cove China (Pick-up or deliver only at 497-5676)
- Sliver Bay Seafood’s Stock Room (Call 497-3356)
AC store would like help up out during this time. By offering to shop for you. This is done by calling 497-2636 to place your order with customer service. They will fill your order for you and have it conveniently ready for pick up. If you are practicing self quarantine they can deliver.